SEO…if you’re in digital marketing, you’ve heard of it. Search Engine Optimization, refers to the process of improving traffic to a given website by increasing the site’s visibility in search engine results, according to the business dictionary. In other words, it’s a set of tools that helps you rank high on various search engine websites. The key is knowing how to use these tools, and that’s exactly what you’ll learn here.
SEO is not a formula that you plug into the backbone of your website, but if you follow the few steps, you will optimize your website, and increase traffic flow, as well as the conversion rate. If you create a website with excellent content, you make it interactive, with links and activities, as well as buttons to like, and follow or share, you will be on the right track.
Two key elements to remember are quality and quantity. Quality is the value of your website content, ensuring a great user experience. Quantity is the measurable component, that includes pages, links, likes and followers on your page. The bottom line is to remember to be engine friendly, and make Google like you as a website.
Following is SEO in 10 steps:
- Step One: Keyword Brainstorming – think about the keywords that best describe your business. What keyword or phrase best describes your product or service.
- Step Two: Keyword Research Popularity – using Google’s Keyword Planner is a useful tool to help you research the popularity of your chosen keywords. In other words, finding out what the popularity of a keyword is, is also finding out what the demand for that product or service is.
- Step Three: Researching a Competition (Supply) – what you want to find out is how many websites are competing for the same phrase. Also, by coming across these websites, you will be able to tell if they have optimized their website for optimal results.
- Step Four: Keyword Decision – after you have done your homework figuring out what your keywords are and the research behind them, you are ready to decide which keyword to choose. This is the most important step in the process, as it will determine how you are found on the web.
- Step Five: Site Architecture – it is extremely important to create a website architecture that reflects your keyword decision. Remember, ‘one phrase one page’!
- Step Six: Domain Name – as part of the SEO, remember to include your keyword in your domain name.
- Step Seven: HTML tags – just like hashtags and tagging someone on Instagram, HTML tags work on the same principle. As a website developer, you want to include as many HTML tags on your page as possible. These include title tags, description meta tags, image tags and keyword meta tags.
- Step Eight: Keyword Density – is incorporating as many keywords on your page as possible. In the heading, subheading, title, subtitle..etc.
- Step Nine: Link Building – You can have a great website, but if it’s not connected to other websites, it’s not good. For optimal results, you want to link relevant and relatable content to your websites, to increase traffic flow and create link popularity.
- Step Ten: Social Media Signals – it’s all about networking, it’s all about connections. Make friends, like, follow, comment, engage and share. The more you do, the more brand awareness you will create.
Check out the following links for additional info…
Hope you enjoyed,